Sunday, February 20, 2011

I am jealous of David Eggars =)

David Eggers' idea is really perfect. He decided to make a learning center for kids. I agree with him, it is really hard to keep students silent and deal with them one by one, 1 hour in each week. The students say that it is really difficult to focus their homeworks in their house because there are tvs and video games. However, they can easily focus their homeworks in tutoring center. This is a way to directly engage with a public school in your area. I developed an idea like that. A tutoring center like a cafe but it looks like also a school. This will be English language cafe, there will be many rooms and each room consist one skill; writing, listening, reading, speaking. In each room, there will be teacher and also volunteers to teach something to students, smartboards, computers and camera. Students will able to come whenever they want and they will study whatever skills they want, also they do their homework with volunteer people, they will help them. For example, in speaking class, they can use the smartboard or computers to speak people from all over the world, they can connect with them, they can skype with them. And, their parents can watch them thanks to cameras and they can also improve themselves while watching their children, in my country, Turkey, most parents don't know english, so that they can not help with their children, this cafe will help their children and also them. Moreover, these videos will be on internet and they can reach them whenever they want. This cafe  includes daily newspapers, lots of books, comfortable armchairs, foods, and  colorful staff. Kids will really want to go there and they will improve themselves by talking with people and by studying with them individually. I hope one day I have a cafe like that ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment