Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Let Kids Rule the School

The article "Let Kids Rule the School" written by Susan Engel is about an education and independent project. It says that students run their own education system and they prepare their own curriculum. And, also they choose whatever they want to study in high school and they teach it to others. Firstly, I read the article, it came to me very good idea, but then I thought that it is really hard to administer this system. I know that most of countries education system isn't good, including my country. They teach sometimes  very unnecessary subjects, rather than teaching something for real world. Therefore, students don't want to study and they are bored with the subjects. However, high school students don't know which subject is necessary for them, they can not choose correct subjects and I think most of them don't want to teach it to others. This is really difficult to apply for many students.
Maybe, it will be very good for some students, it is necessary to try this independent project and see what happens;)

1 comment:

  1. The Individual Project can be beneficial for some students. However, perhaps most students cannot have enough ability to control themselves and these kind of activities may destroy their self-confidence since students are responsible about all things. Therefore, people should consider the negative and positive sides of the Individual Project.

    ReplyDelete