Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Unit Plan

I am so confused about our lesson plan because I couldn't exactly comprehend how we will combine 3 lessons, actually we discuss and we have some idea and my group members always help me.
Our unit will be about fairy tails, I think it is very enjoyable topic and it can be perfect lesson. Almost every child knows at least one fairy tail, and they can share their fairy tails and ideas with their classmates. If they don't know any fairy tail, it is ok, because they will learn a few fairy tails in this lesson and they will comprehend what is fairy tail. Also, they can contrast with the real world and fairy tail world. Fairy tales help the students to extend their dream world.Moreover, fairy tails help the students to extend their thesaurus(vocabulary), thinking ability and it helps them to set up cause and effect relationship.We want to use fairy tails in our lessons because of the reasons that I mentioned.
"In what ways fairy tails help us to teach english as a second language" is my unit question and I think there are many ways.
Do you believe in fairies? … If you believe clap your hands.
James M. Barrie
Peter Pan

2 comments:

  1. I really like the quotation that you write. I think since some fairy tales become cartoon,they are more memorable and when students watch these fairy tales, they can note the unknown words and they can guess the meaning according to the what they saw. It is good idea to compare the real world and fairy tail world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure that you share some of the fairy tales from your country. You have a lot to offer the group. It can be a bit overwhelming and confusing but hopefully it will get better as the lessons develop.

    ReplyDelete