Thursday, March 10, 2011

Little Red Riding Hood

Making school fun and interesting for children can be tricky. Using familiar stories is one way to catch their attention. Lessons and learning about social situations can all implemented using the story of "Little Red Riding Hood". Therefore, I chose the fairytale "L.R.R.H" for my ESL students. While they are learning, they use their imaginations and have fun. Little Red Riding Hood has memorable characters that differ widely in appearance and motivation. In this unit, firstly, students read the story and watch the its movie. After that, they will be three groups and they will write descriptive words for the characters. Thanks to this, they can discuss together and they can share their ideas. Moreover, the studentsboth  learn some english and have fun with the enjoyable activities and games.

2 comments:

  1. I like this story :) As you said, fairytale can be very enjoyable for kindergarten, 1st,2nd and 3rd grades. They can have incredible imaginations. Also, I have an suggestion.If students can compare the characteristics of people between real world and fairytale, they can have an idea about community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much merve ;) I like your suggestion, I will consider this ;)

    ReplyDelete